WHITEWATER LESSONS 103 AND 104 INFO PACKET
We hope that you are enjoying your lessons so far! This packet contains information for Lessons 103 and 104.
REMEMBER lessons 103 and 104 are held at the Old Angler’s Parking area at 10801 Macarthur Blvd., Potomac, Maryland 20854.
This packet contains the following:
Frequently Asked Questions
Here are some answers to the most frequently asked questions.
- A 80% reliable roll is required for Lesson 103.
- A 100% reliable roll is required for Lesson 104.
- If you have not been practicing between lessons, you will not be ready for these classes.
- You will be responsible for running your own shuttle with your classmates for Lesson 104.
- Please arrive and be prepared fifteen minutes prior to your lesson start time. (Late arrivals will not be admitted to class)
- You have up until 72 hours before start time to reschedule (please do so online). Students who fail to re-schedule in time or don’t show up forfeit their lesson. No exceptions are made to this policy and we do not offer refunds.
- Personal floatation, paddle, spray skirt, helmet, and kayak are provided at no charge.
- Please schedule or re-schedule your lesson online.
- You have up to two years from your first lesson to complete any membership package.
- Package students may attend Free Practice Clinics indefinitely.
- You may repeat any Lesson at a discounted rate of 10%. Please call our registration office for further information.
- All lessons meet rain or shine. A decision to postpone due to lightning or other dangerous conditions is made on site. (Due to the nature of the weather, we wait until the last minute to see if it clears up).
- For your safety and enjoyment, we request that you keep your personal information up to date via your schedule page. Please log in and update your info at www.potomacpaddlesports.com
List of Things to Bring
The following list of things to bring are mandatory for your comfort, safety, and enjoyment of your on-water (and in-water) experience with us. Upon completing the 101 lesson, past students have provided feedback that we "should have been more emphatic" about the need to bring these specific items, even though we were. The Potomac can be very warm in July and August, but you'll need all this stuff, and eventually a semi dry top, as you get psyched and continue to paddle for at least three seasons.
Directions to Lesson LocationWhitewater Membership Lessons 103 and 104 are held at the Old Angler’s Inn parking area. For alternate routes, google 10801 Macarthur Blvd., Potomac, Maryland 20854.
From the Capital Beltway (I-495) take exit 41 toward Carderock/Great Falls, MD and merge onto the Clara Barton Parkway.
Take the Parkway 1.7 miles until it ends at Macarthur Blvd., and then turn left onto Macarthur Blvd.
The parking area will be on your left across the street from the Old Angler’s Inn. Look for the Potomac Paddlesports Trailer. (Note: There are three separate lots at different levels. Please look around for us.)
PLEASE have all your clothing and supplies ready to go fifteen minutes prior to start time so that we can start promptly.
Note: Vehicles have been broken into at this parking lot. Please leave all valuables at home and bring a small drybox for your credit cards and cash. You can store your car key in a hidden key box on the underside of your fender.