Sea Kayaking Lesson 103: Bracing & Rolling Info PacketBoost your confidence in this three-hour class devoted to bracing and rolling your kayak. Please review all of this information carefully at least one week prior to your lesson. You may contact us at any time with questions by calling 301-881-2628 or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This packet contains the following:
Frequently Asked Questions
Here are some answers to the most frequently asked questions.
- You have up to two years from your first lesson to complete any membership package.
- Please schedule or re-schedule your lessons online.
- You have up until 72 hours before a class’s start time to reschedule. Students who do not reschedule in time or who don’t show up forfeit their lesson. No exceptions are made to this policy and we do not offer refunds.
- Personal floatation, paddle, spray skirt, and kayak are provided at no charge.
- Please arrive and be prepared fifteen minutes prior to your lesson start time. (Late arrivals will not be admitted to class.)
- All lessons meet rain or shine. A decision to postpone due to lightning or other dangerous conditions is made on-site at the last possible minute. (Mother Nature often cooperates if we wait-and-see.)
- You’ll spend half of your lessons in the water, literally. Paddling-specific apparel is required. Don’t try to go on the cheap when it comes to your comfort. Visit our retail store for assistance with purchasing the right clothing for kayaking. A full 3mm wetsuit (covering arms and legs) is okay if you cannot swing a full “layering system,” but you will eventually want better paddling clothing.
- Please do not wait until the last minute to purchase your clothing and accessories.
- During your lesson, store your car key in a “Hide-a-Key” box somewhere on your vehicle.
- Complete Package students may attend free Practice Clinics indefinitely. Starter Package students may attend 2 free Practice Clinics.
- You may repeat any lesson at a discounted rate of 10%. Please call our registration office for further information.
- For your safety and enjoyment, we request that you keep your personal information up-to-date via your schedule page. Please log in and update your info at www.potomacpaddlesports.com.
List of Things to Bring
The following list of things to bring is for your comfort, safety, and enjoyment of your on-water experience with us. ALL ITEMS ARE STRONGLY RECOMMENDED. Please call or visit our retail store for assistance. (See map and directions below.)