Whitewater Rescue Info PacketWe hope that you are enjoying your lessons so far! This packet contains information for WHITEWATER RESCUE. REMEMBER this lesson meets at the Brookmont Church, in Brookmont.
This packet contains the following:
Frequently Asked Questions
Here are some answers to the most frequently asked questions.
- A reliable roll and all safety gear is required for Whitewater Rescue.
- If you have not been practicing between lessons, you will not be ready for this class.
- Please arrive and be prepared fifteen minutes prior to your lesson start time. (Late arrivals will not be admitted to class)
- You have up until 72 hours before start time to reschedule (please do so online). Students who fail to re-schedule in time or don’t show up forfeit their lesson. No exceptions are made to this policy and we do not offer refunds.
- You are required to provide your own river running or creeking kayak, whitewater-quality paddle, PFD, helmet, sprayskirt, rescue PFD, tow system, knife, throw rope, whistle, and hand paddles or break apart paddle.
- Paddling specific apparel is required. Don’t try to go on the cheap when it comes to your comfort. Visit our retail store for assistance with purchasing the right clothing for kayaking.
- Please schedule or re-schedule your lesson online.
- You have up to two years from your first lesson to complete any membership package.
- You may repeat any Lesson at a discounted rate of 10%. Please call our registration office for further information.
- All lessons meet rain or shine. A decision to postpone due to lightning or other dangerous conditions is made on site. (Due to the nature of the weather, we wait until the last minute to see if it clears up).
- For your safety and enjoyment, we request that you keep your personal information up to date via your schedule page. Please log in and update your info at www.potomacpaddlesports.com
List of Things to Bring
The following list of things to bring is for your comfort, safety, and enjoyment of your on-water experience with us. ALL ITEMS ARE STRONGLY RECOMMENDED. Please call or visit our retail store for assistance. (See map and directions below.)