Instruction & Trips
About Potomac Paddlesports
Become a Member
Welcome to Potomac Paddlesports, and thank you for choosing to take advantage of this rare deal. You’ve made a good decision, and we look forward to seeing you on the river at some point in the near future. Our award winning instructional paddlesport programs will connect you to the paddling community at large as well as an abundance of natural beauty that surrounds us here in our nation’s Capital. Below are a few details of which we wish to remind you as you begin your journey:
- Redemption and Registration are simple:
We offer classes frequently, and in exchange for such a killer deal, we ask that you please exercise patience with our scheduling process. Our goal is always to get you on the water.
You have purchased this package for you, a friend, or a loved one, so please do not arrive to a class or trip with someone who has not registered with Potomac Paddlesports. They will be turned away.
Our web-based scheduling feature is a great asset that enhances the experience of those who get acquainted with it and use it. Try it!
We provide gear, including boats, paddles, PFDs, helmets, and skirts for classes; we do not provide or rent apparel. This may constitute an additional investment on your behalf. Don’t fret! We'll guide you through the process of selecting only the best and most appropriate items to enhance your experience.
We’ve created some very useful documents for every class or trip that we offer, that include such things as: what to bring to your class or trip; directions to the location; a medical questionnaire and waiver; and a few other FAQs. Check the supplementary documents out and read them before your scheduled classes and trips.
Save some paper! It’s not necessary for you to bring your Living Social voucher to your class or trip. You’ve satisfied the redemption process by registering online, so now you have the flexibility to sign up when it is convenient for you and feel good about it.
Classes and trips are subject to weather conditions; however, we’ve found that Mother Nature tends to cooperate if we just give her some time. We typically wait until the last possible moment to postpone appointments.
- Locate the voucher number on your Living Social voucher (view example).
- Navigate to your selected purchase on our website (i.e., Beginner Whitewater Membership Package is found under the “Instruction and Trips” drop down menu at the top of each page).
- On the purchase page for the relevant membership select “I have a gift code for this item".
- Follow the on-screen instructions; fill in the personal information, use the voucher number as a gift code, review order and complete.
- Check your email inbox for member username and password.
- Log-in to “School Login” in the upper right hand quadrant of our website and browse/schedule course dates.
Below are some products that we frequently recom-mend to our flatwater tour guests. Have a look, and if there's any-thing else you need to make sure you're ready for your session on the water, we've got a ton of gear over in our online store! Check it out!